Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hardware



My new hardware tool in the classroom has become the cell phone.  You must understand the adult students in my classroom are connected to those devices and for some, it is their only internet connection and when I suggested we use their phones they were all over it.
Kahoot has opened a new portal to learning for them and it has certainly got my attention!  When we were Kahooting we had collaborative discussions on some of the more difficult questions and I really feel the class welcomed the diversion.  Next term I hope to assign their creation of a quiz on Kahoot for the class after they have detailed a topic.  



Three hour classes make it difficult to keep the students engaged in a topic of discussion and I usually end up talking way too much.  Since taking these computer classes the computer has become my best hardware tool.  The class is small enough that we can gather round the computer and I am able to show power points and watch some limited videos.  I also have charts and statistics that are great resources for discussion available.




My classroom wish is that the wifi will be activated and I will have access to youtube in order to illustrate terrific social science experiments and other relevant resources.  

No comments:

Post a Comment