Saturday, April 11, 2015

Standards

According to the Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession in Ontario, teachers  must be committed to helping our students achieve.




We can be traditional teachers who excel at delivering the curriculum as required and assess the students with the traditional exam at the end of the course. Or we can open up a whole new world for these students by getting creative and finding a way through technology.
My observation as an adult education teacher, recognizes how the traditional teaching styles did not fit for many of my students.  I always ask them of their experiences, because I want to find a way that will work for them.  The discussion prompts them to take ownership for their learning in declaring what will help them succeed.


         Teachers have such an important position in the life of each student especially in the very young years.  My daughter is moving into a new neighborhood and my granddaughter will be moving to a new school. Several options leave you so much to consider when finding the right school.  My choice would be to have Charlotte in a classroom that uses and works with those 21st century tools to give her the full option of finding the style that will fit her!



Teachers model FAIR use of content by inviting others to to share their blog.  It is important you know about the Code of Best Practices for Media Literacy and what your limitations would be in regards to sharing content on the internet.  Once you setup your blog don’t forget to include your creative commons license.  

1 comment:

  1. I think your experience teaching adults is valuable here. Do you teach adults that many not have been successful in someway, in the schooling? I wonder if these adults are more willing to share why they were not successful. I wonder if you see things in these students, brilliance and gifts, that were not seen as youngsters. I know many adults that didn't get past Grade 11, and yet, they are some of the most talented, smart people I know. It is somewhat a dichotomy.
    With your experience, you have an opportunity to first hand, to know how we can improve at a much earlier stage in education - to understand why people don't succeed in the structures that they are expected to.

    ReplyDelete