Friday, March 13, 2015

Benefits



There are many benefits for using presentation software in the classroom.  Number one is they sometimes get tired of listening to the same voice and they need many activities and “movement”  to keep them awake and alert.  Just a reminder that I teach three hour classes and I certainly need to get inventive, presentation software can do that.  
There are thousands of presentations to choose from or you can create your own.  In some cases, I taught the students how to make their own, then we collated them all.  or example when learning about vitamins and minerals all the students create their own 4 slides on the chosen nutrient, then they are all combined to illustrate all nutrients in one presentation.   


We have four campuses in Niagara and the principal has been trying to set us up with video conferencing to the other teacher with the same course.  Not as easy as one would think.  Since we have no prep time, I have found it easy to email with my teacher friend once I get home and share resources through email.
We had a pilot project last term using skype in two classrooms with the teacher broadcasting from the third school.  This was a disaster.  I felt bad for the teacher as he had no experience with this before he agreed.   All communication was difficult and lessons were faxed from one school to the next.  I have since introduced my colleague to that link Nicole had given us on google education and he agrees how much better the process would have been if he had incorporated a learning circle for the students.  


No comments:

Post a Comment