Saturday, April 11, 2015

Reflection

My personal learning goals for this term is to overcome my inability to follow directions and read through the help section.  I am always trying to play around with the program and find out how to work it instead of reading directions.  I would also like to gain more confidence with some of these “collection sites”  Deciphering this Flickr would be a great first step!


I would really like to discover more ways to assess the learning of my students, as I find myself to be over generous with the marks I give.  My theory has always been that “success breeds success” and this is probably why I tend to be over zealous.  Some lessons can easily incorporate an assessment as part of a presentation or a test, even exit cards work great but, I feel it is necessary to create an assessment for learning tailored for the individual student.


Finding the best way for each student can seem difficult but, when referring to the Growing Success document, individualism becomes the norm.  Observations, conversations and student products are all individual indicators that maximize our ability to record evaluations that will be both reliable and valid.

I do have to say how difficult twitter was for me to wrap my head around...see above.  Not that I am completely confident with how it all works but, I do feel Twitter has become somewhat of an addiction for me.  I have always been an avid reader of current events and twitter reveals information the moment it happens.  It gives me a plethora of choices for interesting articles and current trends worldwide.  I have read so many blogs, that it would be difficult to pinpoint just a few.  Not looking for brownie points but, I do enjoy reading the blog of my co-learners!

2 comments:

  1. Such a strong reflection Ada. You bring up a "hot" topic about Marks. I think it is important to differentiate between marks and assessment though. In many cases, especially in adult learning, I think we should do away with Marks altogether and just assess. The way we use and deliver marks is not always for the purpose of learning, however, good assessment is always for learning. As for Twitter, I use it as a daily, personalized news stream. It takes a while to begin to feel comfortable chatting or associating with groups on Twitter, but eventually, groups of learning communities are found, just like in any social organizations. When you 'tweet", always add me @zbpipe to your tweet so that I can see it. That way I will get your tweet out there, share it and even start a conversation with some other amazing educators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i need to start adding @zbpipe... forgot about that ...not that i have made many tweets .... maybe just some observations ..etc.

    conversations with amazing educators ...... sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete